I have a granola addiction....and I'm proud of it! We go through so many bags of granola in our house hold and we hold a special brand near and dear to our hearts, but the price tag makes me cringe every time I buy it...insert making my own granola not only to save money but to customize it the way I want to!
I made this batch early Sunday morning before Tyler and the pup woke up...early morning baking is my FAVORITE, with a fantastic cup of coffee and the beautiful sound of nothing but birds chirping in the backyard.
I was just playing around, knowing I wanted granola for breakfast that morning with yogurt, and made this PERFECT combination of classic almonds, oats, and vanilla.
A couple of notes before making this recipe. First, if you want extra crunchy and chunky granola you need to really pack the granola together in the pan, the tighter packed together they are the bigger the chunks! Also, when using oats make sure they are old fashioned because they are the bigger oats.
1 cup of oats
1/4 cup crushed almonds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup melted coconut butter
1/8 cup crushed pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Take all of your ingredients and mix them in a bowl.
3. Take a lined sheet pan and spread the mixture onto the sheet pan, packing it together in an even tight layer.
4. Bake for 10 minutes and then open and mix the mixture spreading it again in an even layer.
5. Bake for another 10 minutes and then take out and let cool for 1 hour. ( this is the hardest part!)
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days