Nothing is better than knowing breakfast is already ready for your family when you wake up in the morning! Week day mornings are so busy with trying to get ready and get out the door that breakfast can sometimes be the item that gets left off of the to do list.
With my easy big batch egg sammies, breakfast just got a whole lot easier for you and your clan. These sandwiches can be made with ingredients of your liking; I have used avocado and Swiss but you could use whatever you would like for the cheese and of course load the eggs with veggies!
6 English muffins
6 slices of Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
salt and pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Take your eggs, cracking them into a bowl and add the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper( add any.veggies at this point too! kale, broccoli and mushrooms work great!). Whisk together and then add to a well greased pan on the stove. Cook on the stove for 3 minutes until the sides are cooked and the middle is still runny.
2. Place the pan in the oven and let bake for another 8 minutes( the middle will no longer wiggle) and then take out of the oven and let rest for 1 minute.
3. While the eggs are cooking, cut your English muffins in half and toast them in the toaster. Once out add the slice of cheese and the avocado on the bottom of the muffin.
4. Using a round circle cookie cutter, cut out 6 egg circles from the pan and place them on top of the English muffin.
5. wrap your muffins with plastic wrap and tin foil and place in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month!