My go to baked good in the fall is Pumpkin bread...but with the amount of sugar that is needed to make this bread sweet, it will inevitably cause havoc for my stomach. So I have created a digestive friendly version that also happens to be PALEO friendly( as do almost all of my recipes)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In your stand mixer, beat the 4 eggs with the melted coconut oil, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract. 1 minute on medium speed until combined.
3. Add in the pumpkin puree and then blend for 30 more seconds.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice.
5. Slowly add these dry ingredients to your wet ones, 1/4 cup at a time to ensure everything is mixed. This part should be done by hand with a spoon as it needs to be gently mixed.
6. Then pour your batter( it will be thick!) into a parchment paper lined 8x4 loaf pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, then take out and over with tin foil for the last 25 minutes of baking. Take our and let cool completely for 1 hour before cutting.