The holiday season has snuck up on us, and if you are anything like me, you had the best of intentions of being completely ahead of the game this year....until you realized that December is here, work is getting too busy, the days are getting shorter, and holiday parties have already begun!
This year my goal was to get all of my shopping and decorating done over my long Thanksgiving break...I accomplished that goal! Now, I also promised myself that I would be baking and giving out delicious treats to various friends and family as little holiday gifts...this is where I dropped the ball. I had all intentions of taking the time one day to make these treats, but time kept getting away from me, and treats kept getting pushed down on my list of to dos.
On Saturday I finally decided that I had to stop my brain from thinking of more things to add to my list and instead focus on what I wanted to make. I knew I needed a treat that would please many, and also something that was decadent and yet still good for you. That's when I thought of my energy ball recipe and thought about how I could turn that into a truffle delight instead!!!! These little bites are packed full of good for you ingredients that will be full of holiday flavor but not the holiday calories!
14 medjool dates( without the pits)
1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1 tablespoon tru nut powder
1 teaspoon raw honey
1/8 cup pecans
1/4 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Take the dates, coconut, tru nut powder, cacao, honey, and pecans and blend together in a food processor with an S blade. You will need to blend for about 2 minutes until a ball forms.
2. Take your ball and begin to roll littles balls about 1 inches wide. This will make you 14 energy balls.
3. Place these balls into freezer. Then over a double boiler, begin to melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
4. Take your balls out and then one by one place them into the chocolate, coating the whole thing. Repeat this until you have used all energy balls.
5. Then sprinkle with your choice of toppings( I love coconut, sea salt, crushed pretzels, crushed pecans, or maybe even more mini chocolate chips!)
6. These do not need to be kept in the fridge so allow to air dry the chocolate.
Enjoy these little balls of amazingness!!!!