Nothing is more necessary than this amazing, easy, and truly delicious gingersnap recipe! So, confession, I had never actually eaten a gingersnap...I never wanted to, and I don't love crunchy cookies. Tyler loves gingersnaps and I wanted to make something for him to keep in the freezer and sneak a snack when he needed one during the holiday season...and thus my amazing snaps were born!
These little babies are packed full of good for you ingredients, and they have no added sugar, grains, or dairy in them...making them PERFECT for a holiday no stress treat!!!
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil ( try to get the cold pressed kind only!)
1 egg ( have NOT tried with a chia or flax egg)
3/4 cup coconut sugar ( can substitute for real sugar but cannot be replaced with applesauce)
1 1/2 cups almond flour ( I used nuts.com)
7 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1teaspoon FRESH grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1. In a mixing bowl combine the egg, sugar, molasses, and coconut oil. Mix until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, gingers, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a slow motion add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well.
4. Place your mixture into the fridge for up to an hour to allow to firm up ( this is a very important step)
5. Preheat your oven to 350 during this waiting period.
6. After the cookies have chilled, take them out and scoop our 1 teaspoon balls, placing them evenly on parchment paper.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes ( disclaimer: my oven is a mess and cannot accurately read the temperature so please watch your cookies as my timing may be off due to heat!)
8. Cool and enjoy! Best, if not enjoying for a party, to keep them in a baggie in the freezer, taking out only the amount you need or want!