Growing up when Easter came around, my two favorite treats were always marshmallow peeps and reeves peanut butter cup eggs! Now as I grow older I wanted to be able to continue to eat my favorite treats, making them a little more "adult" and with better ingredients...*insert these little creations here*!
These bad boys are made with good, whole ingredients that will actually keep you full and allow you to indulge but not OVER indulge as many of us tend to do when treats are in our sights. The outer coating is a blend of melted egg and dairy free enjoy life chocolate chips and a spoonful of coconut oil to help give it that glossy texture and add good fats to the mix!
1 bag enjoy life chocolate chip minis
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup all natural unsalted Teds peanut butter ( can sub for almond butter)
1/4 cup of ground coconut sugar ( ground into a fine power consistancy, I did this with my spice grinder)
2-3 tablespoons coconut flour( depending on how thick or creamy your peanut butter is!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Take your peanut butter, coconut sugar, coconut flour, and vanilla and mix this in a bowl or stand mixer until creamy and thick.
2. Lay this mixture into a baking pan ( 8x8) lined with parchment paper and put into the freezer for 20 minutes to Harden.
3. On the stove take a small saucepan and fill 1/3 of the w ay with water. Bring to a boil and place a GLASS bowl over the top. Fill with the chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir together until all melted and glossy looking.
4. Take your peanut butter mixture out of the freezer, cut it into little rounds ( or ovals if you have that cookie cutter!) Dip each round fully into the chocolate and then place back on parchment paper. You can sprinkle with nuts or sprinkles if you so wish.
5. Place back into the freezer for another hour and then at this point you can take out and drizzle with more chocolate or peanut butter and place back in to Harden. I prefer mine plain buttt go crazy!!!
** These will stay fresher is you keep them in the freezer!