Do you ever have those nights where you are just NOT in the mood to cook. You have all of the ingredients, you know what your making because you planned it all out on Sunday, but your just not motivated? This dish is for all of us who need a break at night and need a put together ahead of time meal that can be thrown into the oven for baking. This chicken and vegetable rollatini is the perfect dish to make the one or two nights before, wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge until you are ready to cook and eat! Check out how easy it is below.
1 package of thinly sliced skinless and boneless chicken breast
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon of parsley
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
salt and pepper ( to taste)
1. Take your peppers and carrot, and thinly slice them long ways. They should be very thin.
2. Sautee these veggies in a pan with a little EVOO until slightly tender. Take out and place on paper towel.
3. Take your chicken and sprinkle all of your spices( including salt and pepper) over both sides of your breasts.
4. Take the veggies and at one end of your breast, place 1 carrot, 1 red pepper, and 1 green pepper. Roll the chicken around the veggies and secure the ends with a toothpick. Continue this process until all of the chicken has been used.
5. When ready to eat, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes( depending on oven). Check for doneness. The chicken should be cream colored and very juicy. Do not exceed 25 minutes in the oven for risk of over cooking.
6. Serve with my amazing mashed cauliflower and gorgeous lime roasted sweet potatoes for a perfect make ahead week night meal!