This summer I am all about make once, eat at least twice. Tyler and I have been super busy lately and quick and easy meals that taste fresh and light have been our go to's!
I made this salad a few weeks for a dinner party we had and it was a huge success and has since then made an appearance every week on the dinner line up. Super simple, easy, and cheap ingredients that you can grab at any grocery store makes this salad even better!
1/2 of a chopped red pepper
1/2 chopped yellow pepper
1 bunch of 1 inch cut asparagus stalks
1 can of diced chopped black olives, no pits
1 can of drained chickpeas
1/2 of a quarter cucumber
1 carrot diced
**optional to add:
Crumbled feta or goat cheese
1/2 of a chopped red onion
1. Take your asparagus pieces and throw them into a glass bowl, put the bowl on top of a boiling pot of water and cover. Steam the asparagus until bright green and tender.
2. While the asparagus is steaming, chop up all of of the veggies and place into a big bowl.
3. Add the asparagus( you don't need to cool it but. can if you want)
- This makes roughly 5 servings ( 1.5 cups per serving)
- you can add a dressing if you want but most times we leave it plain, if we do add something it is ALWAYS Tessamaes Green Goddess dressing.