Did someone say Pizza?! Growing up we all had those Pizza Fridays at school that we would beg our moms and dads to let us buy for lunch, the extra grey, oozy cheese, thick crust $1 slice that all of your friends would eat.
Welllll this pizza isn't like the one from your childhood because its better! This chicken pesto pizza has no dairy, contains no gluten or grains, and I put this together in under 25 minutes, dough and all!
The toppings are totally optional and feel free to substitute anything, I think I'm going to try BBQ chicken next!
Almond Flour Crust Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup finely ground almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon of pizza seasoning or a blend of rosemary, thyme, and oregano
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of avocado oil( there is no taste which is perfect, or EVOO!)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl and then slowly mix in the eggs and oil. Mix together until combined.
3. On a piece of parchment paper put the ball of dough and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
4. Roll your dough out into a circle until it is a 1/4 inch thick
5. Place in the oven with the top parchment piece off, and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Take our and add your sauce and toppings before popping back in for 8-10 minutes.
** My dairy free pesto is on the blog under grilled chicken with arugula pesto ( note that if you do not have nutritional yeast, omit it or sub in a half of an avocado and it will taste amazing!)